Monday, November 3, 2014

Dusting off the Blog!

Hello friends, I will be dusting off this blog this winter after many months of silence! I am focusing my orphan advocacy in two ways this winter and am experimenting with this blog as a way to keep my efforts organized.

First, I am signed up to be a family warrior for the Dubbs family that is in process of bringing home two girls from Asia.  Their daughter "Emma" was listed on reecesrainbow.org last year and I briefly blogged about her here. They are also bringing home another daughter nicknamed Shailey. Here are their beautiful girls!
If you are interested in reading more about the Dubbs family, check out their blog here! They also have a profile on Reeces Rainbow, which is an orphan advocacy group, at http://reecesrainbow.org/77173/sponsordubbs.  They expect to be invited to travel quite soon and have a large financial mountain left to climb, so I will share their fundraisers here as much as I can.  Currently, the Dubbs family has a matching grant for $4000 through Lifesong for Orphans.  You can read more about the grant and how to help on their blog. Thanks! 

Secondly, I have signed up to be an Angel Tree warrior for a child who is still waiting to be chosen to join a forever family.  "Nikolajs" was also my Angel Tree child last year, but is unfortunately still waiting.  The goal is to raise at least $1000 to be added to his adoption grant to make it easier for a family to step forward for him.  I will be doing a couple fundraisers for him in the next two months and will share details.  For now, if you donate $35 or more to his account, you will receive a beautiful ornament with his picture on it.  Hint- he is also on the button on the side of this blog!  Anything given in November or December will help him get to the $1000 goal.  Thanks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment